Your hands are a very special part of your body. You use your hands to express you feelings, communicate with others. Unfortunately they are often ignored when it comes to proper care to keep them “show” worthy.
Hands are often exposed to heat, cold, dirt and harsh detergents and they are one of the first areas of the body to show aging. We lather on spf and anti-aging creams and moisturizers everywhere but our hands leaving them looking haggered, old, dry and cuticles peeling and sore. Crazy isn’t it? For all they do for us – don’t they deserve at least a little special treatment?
Stop ignoring your hands and Start pampering them today. Here’s what to do.
1. Remove all your jewelry keeping your hands free and easy.
2. Fill a basin with warm water and a bit of your favorite body wash. Keep the water temperature as warm as you can stand it without burning yourself.
3. Sit in a comfy chair with the basin in front of you and soak your hands, stretching your fingers out and in – like making a fist – then release. Listening to soothing music while you do this is also a plus.
4. Soak for approximately 10 minutes. Remove your hands from the water and gently dry with a soft towel.
5. Massage into your hands taking time to work it in – stretching, rubbing between each finger, focusing are areas that are the most dry. Massage the center of your palms. Feel the pleasure of the soothing sensations it will bring your hands.